TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Old School, Carrbridge
The following terms apply:
"Owner" shall mean David and Kate Clark, The Old School, Carrbridge.
"Customer" shall mean the individual who made the booking.
"Tenants" shall mean the Customer's party.
A deposit of 25% of the total cost will be payable on booking.
The balance is payable not less than eight weeks before the arrival date. You will be sent advance notification that the balance is due. If the balance of payment is not received by the stated
date, the dates will be marketed again and the deposit forfeited.
Our cancellation terms are as follows:
· The Customer may cancel within 7 days of the Owners' confirmation of booking. The deposit will be returned, less an
administrative charge of £50 / property / week. After this date the deposit is non-refundable, regardless of circumstances.
· Customers booking within 4 weeks of arrival may cancel within 48hrs of the Owners’ confirmation, and a refund minus a £50
administration charge will be given. After this time payment is non-refundable, regardless of circumstances.
The Owners have taken every care to ensure the accuracy of property descriptions on their web site, and all information is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct.
- 1. The Customer warrants that the properties let are to be used for the purposes of a holiday and so accepts that the letting is a holiday let.
- 2. The Customer shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
- 3. The number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed the number stated for the premises, or stated at the time of booking. In exceptional
cases the Owners may give permission for extra people to occupy the premises, in this case there will be an additional charge at the Owners’ discretion.
- 4. The Customer binds and obliges oneself to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire.
- 5. The Owner has the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for the purpose of inspection, repair work, etc.
- 6. In the following instances there will be additional charges:
· For breakages, loss or damage. The Customer should report any deficiency which they notice on arrival, and any which occurs during their
stay. Where appropriate, the Customer will be liable to pay the replacement cost of the item broken, lost or damaged.
· When Tenants leave the house, furniture or equipment dirty. The house will be in a clean condition on your arrival, and Tenants must leave
it in a like condition. The right is reserved to make a charge for additional cleaning if the property has not been left reasonably clean.
· When Tenants overstay the departure time.Time is required between tenancies in order to check the house before the next Tenants arrive.
Occupation of the house will be given at 1600hrs on the first day of the let. The apartments must be vacated by 1000hrs on the last day of the let. The right is reserved to charge for an
extra day if tenants have not left by 1100hrs.
· A generous electricity allowance will be provided. Anyone abusing this facility will be charged for additional electricity at cost plus
- 7. SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED IN THE ACCOMMODATION (including entrance hallways).
- 8. The Owner may treat the booking as cancelled if the balance of the payment is not received 8 weeks before the arrival date, and every effort will
be made to re-let the vacancy.
- 9. The Customer shall undertake to prevent any member of their party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to other residents, neighbouring
occupiers or farm livestock.
- 10. The Customer undertakes to leave the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let.
- 11. The Customer undertakes to relieve the Owner from any liability for damage or injury, however caused, by any member of their party.
- 12. The Owner, their agents or employees, accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Customer's party or their property, howsoever
caused, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises.
- 13. In relation to all properties the letting contract will be between the Owner and the Customer.
- 14. Signed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is required.
- 15. In the event that any individual term or clause stated in this contract is not permissible by law, the remainder of the Contract shall remain valid.
- 16. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Scotland and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
- 17. This does not affect your statutory rights.
A Good Housekeeping deposit of £100 is required and will be returned within 7 days of departure if no damage or breakages have occurred.